The practice of martial arts has many benefits for children and adults. All new and prospective members take our Beginners’ Introduction Course. We have a variety of days and times for new members to start, Monday through Thursday.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
A team member will reach out to you using the contact info you provide. All participants should arrive with loose, comfortable clothing in the event we do not have your size training uniform available.
Your registration for our Introduction Course includes a training uniform 🙂 When you register you will be asked to arrive 15 minutes early prior to the start of class for uniform sizing. 🥋
What else should we bring?
You may bring a water bottle, a small towel for sweat 😅, and anything else you may need for exercise.
What should we expect from class?
Our friendly, energetic instructors will get provide your initial classes with a brief warm-up followed by the class workout which can consist of basic techniques, using training equipment, or starting your first karate kata or form. You will also be familiarized with the customs and training etiquette of our dojo (karate school).
What if I’m a total beginner?
No problem! 😁🙌 Your class is specifically for beginners and those with little or no experience. Your class will move at an appropriate pace. If you have questions, concerns, or feel you need extra help with certain techniques, our instructors are happy to adjust and work with you.
What about COVID?
We are currently following all recommended safety procedures in order to control and limit the spread of COVID-19. Including:
- Required mask wearing for all participants 😷
- Temperature checks & sanitation upon arrival (members arriving with a temp greater than 100 will be asked to go home)🌡
- Spaced break areas 6-feet apart
- Social-distanced workout spaces
- Restricted common areas – change rooms are closed, please arrive dressed; wash room is available 🚽
- Wash room and training area is cleaned and sanitized after every class
- 1-way traffic: arriving members enter through the front entrance and exit the rear of the facility