- I will use karate only for self-defense and as a way to achieve better mental and physical fitness.
- I will give 100% effort to all things so that I may experience the best results.
- I will be helpful and show respect to all people so that I may deserve that respect in return.
- I will never be loud or show off with karate, it is better to be humble, train with respect, and achieve honor.
- Eye Contact (shows focus/you’re paying attention)
- Yes, sir. No, sir / Yes, ma’am. No, ma’am. (demonstrates courtesy and respect)
- Raise your hand before you speak (shows etiquette and gives opportunity for others to participate)
- No horse playing (such play fighting, improper use of equipment / avoids unnecessary injury / if you’re hurt you can’t train)
- No whining (it doesn’t help things/no one wants to hear that)